Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Rugged Maniac

Yesterday I was on facebook and I saw this advertisement:



Now, that normally doesn't sound like my thing but for some reason I checked out their website. Apparently it is a 5K race that also has obstacles like climbing over 3-7 foot barricades, mud and water in various situations, crawling through tubes, tires, jumping over fire, up and down hills, and you get the picture...

I keep thinking about this and wondering, well, lots of things, but mostly things like "Why am I still thinking about this?", "Would I want to do that?" and "Would I be ABLE to do that?". Now, I don't yet know the answer to any of those questions but I will continue to think about it.

Pros:
Have a reason to exercise and get in shape
Have something interesting to do and look forward to
Have fun with friends and family
Get an "I am a Rugged Maniac" shirt

Cons:
It looks really hard and I can't currently run 5K.
Get muddy and dirty and wet and probably cold
Pay big registration fee (like $60/person)
Potential for injury

Anyways, for some reason or another, I'm seriously considering it. Any thoughts? Anyone up for joining?

4 comments:

Lisa Pace said...

Hm, I never would have pictured this as something that would even catch your intention but it does look interesting. So, I'm going with a shoulder shrug and a why not. I'm sure you could do it. Benjamin laughed all the way through the video so he must think you would have a great time.

Lisa Pace said...

I meant attention - not intention.

Lovely Lisa said...

That sounds pretty crazy — but then, I don't like to get dirty. I say train for a regular 5K and have a shirt made that says you're a rugged maniac. Best of both worlds. :)

Tiff said...

Um, that is totally awesome. I'd think about doing it with you! Maybe I should go running this week and see how I do...