Sunday, December 5, 2010

30 Days: Day 5

Day 5: A picture of somewhere you've been


Ha. This one is funny because I have more or less been here. This is a picture of Giant's Causeway in Northern Ireland. My dad and my brother, Andrew, and I were there and we drove up to Giant's Causeway, which we knew was a scenic place but not sure what it was exactly. We drove up to the northern coast and parked in the empty Giant's Causeway parking lot, got out and looked around some. Not too impressive but certainly pretty countryside, we thought. Then we got back into the car and drove back to Belfast. Only later did we learn that we were supposed to walk down to the coast to see the real sight, these giant basaltic hex columns that were formed by volcanoes 50 million years ago. Bummer. It certainly wasn't clearly marked with any signage. Anyways, Andrew and I laugh about it now, so it's a good memory.


Somewhere that I can definitely say I have been is Frary Peak on Antelope Island in the Great Salt Lake. My family went on a hike there in May 2002 and I enjoyed it a lot. Also, this is when I discovered that frozen hard grapes are great during a hot summer hike. Yumm.

2 comments:

Annette said...

That was a fun hike. I look at the pictures and am amazed that we all made it to the top - especially the little ones.

Lovely Lisa said...

Awww... bummer about the "sight almost seen"! That has happened to us so many times.