I think I am finally starting to feel the effects of sitting in weird positions all day. I'm always sitting with one leg tucked under me, or cross-legged, or all scrunched up in my chair some way or another. Lately I've felt it in my knee and had more problems with my feet falling asleep so I have tried to do better, but I spend so much time in my chair and the habit is so deeply ingrained. I tried sitting on an exercise ball, thinking I wouldn't be able to sit with my legs curled up, but Nooooo, it is definitely possible.
My next trick to try to break the habit will be to put on bulky shoes in the morning that would be uncomfortable to sit on or have tucked up with me on the chair and then not take them off all day. Unfortunately that would involve changing out of my pajamas first. And wearing bulky shoes all day.


4 comments:
I always had a terrible problem with slouching when I worked at the paper. I'm sure it did wonders for my carpal tunnel. Good luck with your quest to not sit on your feet! :)
Heheheee, you are the queen of weird sitting positions but, yes, it probably isn't very easy on your body. Good luck becoming a queen of proper sitting
Bulky shoes don't work. I still sat with one leg tucked under me with my big snow boots. At least you don't sit with both legs straight up in the air in a V shape anymore.
I sit in weird positions on my exercise ball all the time. Mom makes fun of me for how I can get knee prints so high up on my mirror
Post a Comment