Wednesday, December 1, 2010

30 Days: Day 1

Day 1: Recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself



Here goes. No guarantee on the "interesting" part of "interesting facts".
  1. I recently (re)learned to crochet and yesterday I made a crochet catnip mouse for Toby. It's hard to tell yet whether he really likes it or not, but the mouse is already looking scruffy.
  2. I love to cook and have improved significantly since I got married (thankfully). Some evidence of my former bad cooking skills were some of the questions I called to ask my mom about, like, "Do you add all that grease to the pan before you add the bacon?" or "How do you make a baked potato?"
  3. Something that bothers me a lot is when the sheets on the bed are not in sync with the covers. If the sheet sticks out or is pulled in farther than the covers, I cannot get into that bed without fixing it.
  4. I have never been to a funeral or viewing or anything like it. Lucky me.
  5. I saw some amazing pictures yesterday of a new place on my list of places that I would love to visit, Scotland's Hebrides. The pictures in January 2010's National Geographic were gorgeous!
  6. I love rice krispy treats now, but I wasn't a huge fan of them as a kid. Other things that fit that category: asparagus, omelets, steak, dark chocolate, nuts.
  7. I can sing the words to Row, Row, Row Your Boat offset from the tune by basically any number of notes.
  8. Games of a certain type that Jeran loves that I do not enjoy and generally refuse to play: Capture the Flag, paintball, laser tag, Fugitive, etc. You get the picture.
  9. My fingers can bend back just over 90 degrees to my hand. I was shocked years ago to learn that not everyone can do that.
  10. I have a dream job: work my own hours, flexible schedule and time off, good pay, great company, interesting work.
  11. (Wow, 15 is a lot!) One of my favorite breakfasts is pumpkin pie. However, if I had to choose a non-dessert for breakfast, I would choose cinnamon coffee cake. Oh wait. Cake dang it! I guess I choose Cracklin' Oat Bran cereal, which has enough brown sugar that it should be a dessert and is too expensive to justify ever buying, but oh well.
  12. My favorite color is green, but not to wear.
  13. I think about weird things sometimes, like "Where did the first gust of wind ever come from?" and "If flamingos get pink from eating crustaceans and algae, why don't many other animals change color, and why don't they market stuff that does that to people ('Drink this every day and turn yourself purple!')?"
  14. I have been working on thinking, "But what if..." less. One unexpected area I notice this helping is when I pack for a trip, I take less unnecessary stuff. "What if" really can be a trap!
  15. My color personality is white - VERY white, with a little blue and yellow filling in the extra nooks and crannies. Jeran's is red and I have noticed over the years that my whiteness and his redness have rubbed off on each other a little bit, with me being a bit more assertive and he being a bit more calm.

5 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

Yaaaay! I like your 15 things. Good luck with the challenge! I'm glad you're doing it.

Annette said...

Great idea! It was so fun to read your 15 things. I got lots of chuckles and even learned a thing or two. Can't wait to see what else you write about this month.

The Gladdens said...

You have to write 15 things about yourself every day for 30 days??? That's going to be difficult!

Lisa Pace said...

I love your fifteen things and found myself saying, "Yep, yep, yep." to a bunch of them. Maybe Cameron and Jeran can go play paintball and we can cook or talk sometime.

Mary said...

Okay, I also had to ask how to bake a potato, but the bacon grease is hilarious. :) Also, cracklin' oat bran is the best, but I only let myself buy it a couple of times a year...