Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Confessions

Following my sister's post listing 10 confessions (which I loved!), I decided to do one of my own.

1. I hate graters. Grating stuff is one of my least favorite cooking activities because it is scary and graters gives me the heebie-jeebies.

2. I still sometimes do the nun thing that I used to do when I was little where, when you're taking off your shirt, you leave it covering all your hair so you look like a nun. Jeran hates it.

3. I like to sing when I am bored and alone, like singing every nursery rhyme I can think of (I know a lot for some reason) or practice singing Row Row Row Your Boat with the notes offset by different amounts.

4. I hate the Waffle House but I have never been there and am determined never to go there. What do I hate most about it? The font they use on their sign.

5. There is something that I really like about cleaning out the sink drain after it gets clogged with hair and gunk, even though at the same time it is one of the grossest jobs I know of.

6. I love that initial feeling of getting into and sitting in a hot car with the windows rolled up.

7. I do not drink nearly enough water/liquids and some days I go without drinking anything. But I am determined to change that! I bought a new water bottle to inspire me and I'm going to try to drink at least 32 ounces a day.

8. I occasionally put headphones on and forget to turn on my iPod and son't realize it until hours later.

9. I sometimes get my p and b confused when writing words and have to sound it out aloud to figure out which letter I should write. "A.. buh.. surd."

10. For some reason, it took me A LOT longer than everyone else to figure out that drying off your entire body with a towel after a shower will really help you warm up a lot. My methods were always to curl up in a ball and wait to get warm or sit in front of a heater.

5 comments:

Mary said...

1. Next time, have me grate the cheese, I don't mind.
2. I used to do that too. :) Can't say I've done it recently though
3. Did you ever play the nursery rhyme song/game thing where you have to take turns singing a nursery rhyme and the person who can't think of the next one or messes up on the words or goes out of rhythm loses? I used to know a lot of nursery rhymes, too.
4. Waffle House? Huh?
5. That's nasty. I make Adam do it.
6. Also nasty. This is one of the main reasons I dislike North Carolina's hot hot summers.
7. yeah, you should work on that.
8. I don't really know what to say to that.
9. me too! but I don't have to sound it out... I just write it wrong sometimes.
10. Ha! I used to do that, too. Especially the heater in my bedroom which was always exceptionally toasty. My sister used to turn on my Mom's hairdryer and warm up her towel with it.

Lovely Lisa said...

I totally love this, and now I'm going to have to think of my own. It may take me a few days.

1. I avoid grating cheese whenever possible (we generally get the shredded goodness at Costco), but when I do it's with this brainy food processor I have.
4. I had to laugh at your reason, but I'm pretty sure you're NOT missing much at the Waffle House. Though he's never had the food there, Bradley had to meet somebody there once and he said it was vile. It might be better now with the smoking ban, I don't know. But I always think of "Talladega Nights" when I think of Waffle House because they mention it like a million times. :)
5. I like that, too! Haha.
7. I also have a hard time getting enough water. It doesn't help that the tap water here is gross.

Grace Face said...

"You're not different, you're just... special."
the funny thing is that none of these really came a surprise to me :)
PS I also like hot cars. Especially when you've just put on chapstick and it melts on your lips.

Jess said...

Mindy, you crack me up. I have to confess, I've eaten at a Waffle House. We went there when we went out to Tennessee. I had to see what all the fuss was about. I don't remember if it was good or not, so I guess you're not missing out on anything. The place to try is Pancake Pantry... mmmm.. that was memorable :)

Annette said...

Good one. That was really fun to read. Some of them I knew and some of them are just crazy.
Yes you do need to drink more.
I remember when we started singing Row, Row, Row Your Boat at different starting beats. It was after President Cook talked about it at a stake conference.