Well, I am about to embark on a big task: Taking down all the wallpaper in the kitchen. There is A LOT of it. There aren't too many cupboards in our kitchen but it is a big room, which leaves lots of area for wallpaper. Also, annoyingly, it goes behind the splash guard on the countertops for quite a ways.
Isn't it just too cute?
No. it is coming off - all of it - and I'm starting today. I did some test peeling on one edge a while ago and it is going to be more stubborn than the wallpaper we took off from the bathroom. I have done a little reading online to decide what is the best way to go about this.
I purchased a Paper Tiger, which will poke a lot of shallow little holes in the wallpaper (and if used right, not in the drywall) to allow liquid to get behind more than just the edges. You gently roll it around in an area, then spray/wipe/roll it with wallpaper adhesive remover and wait for a while with fingers crossed. Then, I think you are supposed to be able to just peel and scrape the loosened wallpaper off. I am just really really really hoping it is that simple.
Well, I've got my supplies, my iPod, and Toby for company, and I've delayed starting by writing this, so here goes nothing! I'll keep y'all posted!


3 comments:
Good luck!
Wow! That's quite the project, and I'm so excited to see the end results!
Hope you had fun. I've had some easy and some really, really hard wallpaper removal experiences. I will be interested to hear how well the new tool works. In theory it seems like a good idea. Sometimes, wiping very hot water on it works also. Can't wait to see and hear how it went.
Post a Comment