I can't believe this year is almost over! Really family, wasn't it yesterday when Andrew got home and we were all together for fake Christmas? To commemorate the passing year, I attempted to list all the interesting things that happened month by month but it was too boring and empty so I won't do that here. So instead, a series of random thoughts.
I bought a new CD yesterday. I have listened to it twice and I'm still trying to decide what I think of it. It is "Yo-Yo Ma & Friends: Songs of Joy & Peace". It is not quite what I expected it to be. I was expecting something more calm and relaxing from the great cellist but it is kind of a smorgasbord collection of traditional and cultural holiday songs done by Yo-Yo Ma with guest musicians. There are a few weird songs that I'm sure are some culture's traditional songs but sound disharmonious and strange to me. My favorites so far are the Dona Nobis Pacem pieces (of which there are at least 4).
I am determined not to see Twilight the movie, at least not for a year or so. I just think that the characters are undoubtedly much better in my imagination and just like happened with Harry Potter, when I later think about it, the movie actors will crowd out the imagined characters.
Did I buy a 4-pound turkey or chicken yesterday? When I bought it I thought it was a turkey, but now I think it might have been a chicken. Oh well, they are both good. I guess I could go look in the freezer. Nah. I'll let it be a surprise.
I own a turtleneck sweater. I tried it on the other day with every intention of wearing it as long as possible and made it a full 5 minutes before having to take it off because it was trying to strangle me. And it was making my head look like a melon floating in midair. Seriously. Every year when I see cute turtlenecks in the ads or in stores I think I might like them better now but every time I try one on, I get claustrophobic and hate it. Oh well. Maybe someday just the right one will come along and it will be magic.
What We Eat
10 years ago

2 comments:
I agree with your book/movie analyzes. There are only a few times when the characters in a movie are better than my imagination.
We have had quite a year in the Briscoe family! Next year will be just as big. Oh what fun!
i know what you mean with the whole turtleneck thing. I have one that i got for christmas two years ago and i have worn it twice. and i feel ridiculous the whole time. They just don't work.
Post a Comment