We have the old family classic Cheesy Vegetable Soup and Breadsticks. I have not been a very successful breadmaker in my life but this batch of breadsticks that I made was probably the best I have ever made! They were so light and fluffy and delicious. Yumm. I made the dough in the bread maker using the recipe from Grandma Hatch's cookbook. For seasoning I did some with just butter, some with Garlic salt, and some with Garlic salt and Parmesan and/or Romano cheese.

I also made some really good Stir-fry. Almost ever since we first moved here, I have not been able to find water chestnuts in the grocery store. Finally I found some at this store that I never shop at. Woohoo! Stir-fry time! I found a good and easy recipe for some stir-fry sauce online (I can't remember where, but it was probably Allrecipes.com). You simply stir-fry your vegetables (carrots, onions, peppers, broccoli, sugar peas, water chestnuts, etc.) and meat if you want it (the veggies are so good the meat is not necessary in the least) and then mix this sauce through. Serve over hot rice. DE-licious!
Stir Fry Sauce
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp distilled white vinegar
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 1 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp peanut oil (I use sesame again)
3 Tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1) In a small bowl, combine the stock with the soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch slurry, vinegar and sesame oil. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
2) In a medium saucepan, heat the peanut oil until shimmering. Add the ginger and crushed red pepper and cook over high heat, stirring, until fragrant and golden. Add the stock mixture and boil over high heat until thickened and glossy, about 1 minute.
Suggestion: Can add some garlic and some fresh orange juice instead of all that stock and 1/4 tsp salt.
Stir Fry Sauce
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp distilled white vinegar
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 1 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp peanut oil (I use sesame again)
3 Tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1) In a small bowl, combine the stock with the soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch slurry, vinegar and sesame oil. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
2) In a medium saucepan, heat the peanut oil until shimmering. Add the ginger and crushed red pepper and cook over high heat, stirring, until fragrant and golden. Add the stock mixture and boil over high heat until thickened and glossy, about 1 minute.
Suggestion: Can add some garlic and some fresh orange juice instead of all that stock and 1/4 tsp salt.



1 comment:
Will you come cook for us??? Please!
I made spaghetti by opening the bottle and warming it up.
Post a Comment