A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail by Bill Bryson
This was pretty good. I learned a lot about the Appalachian trail since I knew next to nothing about it when I started. It describes how he hiked the trail - in pieces - and the people and things he met along the way. 3.5 stars.
Statistics You Can't Trust: A Friendly Guide to Thinking About Statistics in Everyday Life by Steve Campbell
I don't really remember this book well. I think I started reading it and it was not quite what I was hoping for so I just skimmed the rest.
1984 by George Orwell
It was better this time than when I read it in high school. 4 stars.
The Code of the Woosters by P.G. Wodehouse
Apparently some classic characters, but I wasn't crazy about it. 3 stars.
Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood
This book was so interesting. It is based on the real story of a maid in Toronto who was accused of murdering her employer. 4.5 stars.
Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote
I read this because I watched the movie and I didn't like it so I figured the book must be much better than the movie. I don't think it is. Maybe a little bit, but not really. Lame and boring. 2.5 stars.
All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque
This was a good book. It was very sobering and sad, but that is true to war. 4 stars
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night by Mark Haddon
This is about a 14-year old boy with autism who decides to investigate a crime that happened near his home. It was okay, but a little dull. 3 stars
A Thousand Never Evers by Shana Burg
This is about a girl in Mississippi in the sixties. Meh. 2.5 stars
Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
I hadn't read this before and didn't really know the whole story. I didn't know there were really 4 or 5 different voyages. It was decent. 3.5 stars
The Final Solution by Michael Chabon
This is a book about a super old detective and a boy with a mysterious bird. 3 stars
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
Re-listened to this audiobook while exercising. 3 stars
New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
Re-listened to this audiobook while exercising. 3 stars
Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
Re-listened to this audiobook while exercising. I think this is the best one of the set. 3.5 stars
Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
Re-listened to this audiobook while exercising. 3 stars
Matched by Ally Condie
This dystopian book is about a society who chooses what a person does and who they marry. It's about a girl who gets matched to her best friend but then there is a mix-up that causes her to question the society. 4 stars
David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
A very long chronicle of the life of David Copperfield. Very well-written with great characters. 4.5 stars
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
One of my favorite books. I've read the whole series a few times now. 5 stars
Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card
4 stars
Xenocide by Orson Scott Card
4 stars
Children of the Mind by Orson Scott Card
4 stars
Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card
4.5 stars
Shadow of the Hegemon by Orson Scott Card
4 stars
Shadow Puppets by Orson Scott Card
4 stars
Shadow of the Giant by Orson Scott Card
4 stars
Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua
This book is about the difference between Chinese parenting and Western parenting. That doesn't sound super interesting (to me), but it is a good, easy read and I enjoyed it nonetheless. 4.5 star

2 comments:
I love your post! Which made me laugh...Oh yes. A Thousand Never Evers definitely receives 2.5 stars. It was lame.
I love you mindy. I've been reading a Walk Through the Woods as well, and I really like it. It makes me scared of the woods.
I've got to read more of the ender's books. I loved ender's game but never read the others.
Post a Comment