Saturday, July 2, 2011

I Just Like Animals

Let me start by saying that I have recently discovered that we have (relatively) nearby us not one but two nonprofit big cat rescue centers: Carolina Tiger Rescue and The Conservators' Center.

Both organizations take in lions, tigers, binturongs, ocelots, kinkajous, servals, etc. that no one else wants or have been mistreated in other facilities or otherwise can't find a home. The Conservators' Center also has wolves, foxes, lemurs, chausies, and more variety of species.

I have really got an itching to go visit and tour one or both of these places. They both offer a few different tours: Regular, evening, etc. I have spent at least an hour on each of their websites, looking at the animals. I don't know why. I just like animals.

3 comments:

Annette said...

I think you should go visit. It would be very interesting as well as fun.

Grace Face said...

That sounds way cool! I love tigers.

Mary said...

We should go.