I have worked. Basically full time every day for the past month. I have had a lot of work to do (yay!) and have managed to keep caught up. Jeran has also worked full time for the past month. He started a class or two and is trying to get some experiments worked out that will help determine what his thesis project will be. That doesn't seem to leave a lot of time for other things.
In most of his spare time for the last month, Jeran has been working on fixing the various things on the car that are stopping it from passing inspection this year. It was actually a really long list! We are really fortunate that we have two cars so we can take such a long time to get the old 1990 Honda back up to par. Jeran replaced a half-shaft, fixed old wiring, replaced bulbs, fixed seat belts, installed new headlight covers, and fashioned a new bumper-securing device. It has been a lot of work. Hopefully today it can pass inspection!
Of course, after a few Saturdays of working on the car, it was determined that we really need an exterior outlet in the front of the house so one day was spent on that. Fortunately, our friend Adam came to help Jeran out. It was a HUGE help to have him here! I got so much done since I wasn't having to pull on wires or install the outlet box, etc. Thanks Adam! It is pretty nice to have the box outside because Jeran uses the compressor and halogen light a lot out by the cars and now the front door doesn't have to be ajar and let the bugs in. Hooray!
I recently cleaned out my drawers and closet and I sure missed having sisters around to help me with that! It is a lot easier to get rid of clothes when there is someone close to you who might want that favorite old shirt than when you put them in a box and drop them off somewhere.
We are debating whether to go to Utah in December. There are many reasons we want to go. Mom and Dad get home from expatriating in Europe, my cousin Mand'y's wedding, Jeran's brother Rylen's mission farewell, snowboarding, general family-ness, Christmas... And there are a few reasons not to go: money, Jeran's work and possibly finals?, and getting someone to take care of our cats. Who knows. You never know what a few months will bring.
Happy September! I can't believe 2009 is already 3/4 over! In the nerdy part of my mind this reminds me that every year that we get closer and closer to overlapping a certain hundred year mark. I know this is a dumb concern, but I have had to think quite a bit about it when working with my work data. Here it is: So you are keeping track of people and their birth dates and some people tracked in the database systems are old, like DOB in the 1920's. Sometime these dates are stored like '04-19-21'. So in ten or so years, issues like this will start making my job a bit harder. When you see this date then, you have to wonder if it is this century or last. People's data isn't removed from these systems just because they die. Anyways, just a small insight into the kinds of thing I spend time thinking about while working. :)

2 comments:
Hmmm... that is an interesting problem with the 100-year thing.
Love the update, and hope you are able to go to Utah after all! We will watch your cats if we're here.
Thanks for the update. I certainly hope the car passes inspection. If it does, it will be almost like the Izzy Nissan.
Of course we are in favor of you going to Utah in December!!! We would even pray hard for lots of snow to fall - on the 15th just for Jeran. (That way it won't hinder anyones travel plans for the wedding or mission talk.)
Post a Comment