The weather the last 5 or so days here has been lousy.
Rain! Not our usual dumping-buckets-for-half-a-day rain, but long-lasting drizzly, cloudy, on-and-off, misty
rain. I know as I am saying this that I will not get any sympathy at all from my overseas family since that is kind of the norm there, but I still don't like it. When we first moved to North Carolina, I didn't like the
rain much at all but I got to like the quick in-and-out storms that are more common here. I like the craziness and randomness of a lovely morning followed by tons of
rain for an hour or two and then sunshine. I think one reason why our current weather is now so despised is that we had a marvelous weekend before this with 80 degree days and sunshine the whole time. Psych!
There are a few things I'm really looking forward to this spring:
- Picking strawberries at the pick-your-own farms
- Seeing all the tons of spring flowers all over, especially all along the highways
- Planning and hopefully planting some vegetables in our garden
- Tennis!
- Hiking and camping
Hooray for the first day of spring on Friday! Everyone balance an egg to celebrate!
2 comments:
Everybody at work was so grouchy on Monday, and I attribute 90 percent of it to the weather (the other 10 percent is just that they're grouchy anyway).
I'm soooo ready for spring! All those things you want to do sound great.
You were right about your family here :) jk, i'm sorry. it stinks
Post a Comment