Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Just today, that's all

I feel like I haven't posted here in forever but really it has only been a week! Anyways, just to assuage your impatience and my sense of guilt, I will tell you about my day. Not that anything interesting has happened but ... oh, well.

I got up early (8:00-ish) and did not go back to sleep. I have to say that because sometimes I get up at 7:30 or 8:00 and then after 10 or 15 minutes I go back to bed for an hour or two. Anyways, not today. I got up, took a shower and washed my hair. I got dressed - I chose a stripy blue and green and white polo and jeans. I always wear a camisole under that kind of thing and I wore the new white one I got for Christmas.

I had to point that part out because it makes me chuckle when I see that camisole. It arrived with the Christmas presents from my family. When I saw it I grabbed it and was like, "Oh my gosh! How did they know! I've needed a new one of these and I was going to buy one when we go to Utah! This is amazing! They are psychic or something!" A few minutes of amazement later, I remembered that I might have included the fact that I want one in an email I sent them. So now I laugh when I see it because I had such a short memory and thought that my family was not just nice, but psychic! Also, I have discovered that Christmas presents are less fun to open when the givers of the gift aren't around and they all kind of blur together as far as who gave what. No one is there to say, "That's from me," or "I'm glad you like the necklace I got for you." Oh well.

Back to my day. After getting dressed I started laundry and did two loads. We don't have a dryer so I hang dry everything on wooden drying racks and hangers. I actually really like not having a dryer usually. That finished up all the normal laundry so I was feeling pretty good. Then I had some green beans for brunch and did the dishes.

I have wanted to make some bread or at least some pizza crust for a while but I keep wimping out. So I didn't do that, but I did make some of our favorite chocolate chip cookies. They turned out a little different than usual. I don't know if it was because I only had light margerine and the shortening seemed a little dry (strange that it could seem dry, I know) but the cookies didn't settle down as low as they usually do. They stayed almost in the same shape as the scoop, just a bit bigger. They taste just fine so I don't know what's up with that.

At about 6-ish I made some potatoes that need to cook for a long while and we have some teriyaki chicken marinating. Yum. Such an easy delicious meal. Too bad I ate all the green beans already.

The things I did today were structured around the type of work I had to do today. I needed to run a series of long-running scripts and time how long each took so I could get ready for work on Friday. So amidst all this other stuff I was back and forth to the computer.

Some other stuff I did today (I don't know where exactly these fit in the timeline):
Watched some Hogan's Heroes
Watched One Fine Day (most of it)
Played Age of Kings
Played with the cats
Did the crossword puzzle and sudoku in the newspaper (oh yeah, and read it too)
Blogged

4 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

I am way jealous of your job.

Annette said...

I laughed and laughed. You are such a funny bunny. I did great things today too. I read a letter to dad in Dutch about renewing our drivers and then called into the doctors office to get a prescription refilled and went to the pharmacy (for the first time here in the village.) The doctors receptionist stoke pretty good English but the pharmacy tech only did a little so that was interesting.

Jess said...

Where do you work?

Tiff said...

What a wonderful day! I'm so jealous that you can get house stuff done between bouts of working. If only....