"Oh, the weather outside is frightful;
but the fire is so delightful.
Since we've no place to go,
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"
but the fire is so delightful.
Since we've no place to go,
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"

Today in Durham we received about 3 inches of snow between late last night and about noon today. After not yet seeing any snow at all this winter, this is a very welcome sight. I love when it snows here because it is such a big deal. In fact, the new governor declared a State of Emergency because some areas that normally get no snow all year received almost 6 inches in one night.
Jeran is at home today (doing some data analysis work stuff) because despite our best efforts, we could not find a bus to take him to Chapel Hill. We drove down to the nearest bus stop about a mile away and I dropped him off there. About 30-40 minutes later, he calls and says he is still waiting there and no bus has come. I went back and picked him up and we went to the mall bus stop, with the hope that that one would actually make it since a lot of it's route is on the interstate and not residential roads. After waiting there for about 30-40 minutes (in the warm car this time - I'm so nice), he gave up and decided to just work from home. At that rate he probably wouldn't have made it in time for his only class of the day anyways. It has been fun having him home even though we are mostly just sitting in separate rooms doing our separate work.
Also noteworthy today was the inauguration of President Obama. I know, I know, these stories should really be in the opposite order with the inauguration being the headliner. It's just that my day was more defined by the snow than the politics. Oh well.
I watched the swearing in and the inaugural speech and I have to say it was pretty good. I enjoyed Obama's speech but I could have done without seeing the touching shots of the crowd, or whatever those were supposed to be. Maybe they show people crying or nodding at every inauguration. I can't remember. Anyways, good luck Obama. I hope you can do all those things you aimed us toward.

2 comments:
It was such a good day. I just wish we wouldn't have had to drive in the snow.
Oh snow... I like to see it, but I really don't like to be in it anymore. I can't believe Jeran couldn't find a bus! That's crazy.
Post a Comment