Saturday, January 3, 2009

And a Happy New Year

We had a great holiday season this year. Since we did not fly to Utah this year for Christmas, we had plenty of time around the house and decided to put it to good use. We painted our two front rooms over the Christmas week. The front room is green and the dining room attached farther back is blue. I did a most of the priming in the back room myself, much to Jeran's amusement. Suffice it to say after he saw the quality of my painting skills, I learned how to properly shake a paint can and how to blend while you paint.


On Christmas Eve, we went to Jeran's supervisor's house for a nice Christmas dinner. They had fabulous food and it was a lot of fun. I tried prime rib for the first time (at least that I am aware of or remember) and it was amazingly good. I suppose this is not too surprising considering Jen Jen and Billy are excellent cooks. After dinner we went home and moved most of the furniture back into the front room so we could have a nice Christmas day.

On Christmas we opened presents, talked to family on the phone and Skype, and relaxed and took naps. It was wonderfully calm, low-key, and relaxing.

A few days later we drove down to visit Kara and Sam. We had a great time there and got to do some cool things around the city. We stayed up playing dominoes until one in the morning and I went from a great position in first place to the "lead" position after racking up many points in many consecutive rounds. We ate some delicious Thai food and went and saw Marley & Me, which was very sad but very good. Thanks Kara and Sam!


On New Years, we had our good friends over and we played Rock Band and Ticket To Ride and watched Planet Earth and ate yummy food. All in all, I would say it was a great ending to a good year for us. I'm hoping 2009 is even better. After all, it's all what you make of it!

Happy 2009!

5 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

The paint job looks lovely! I'm glad you had such a fun time. Thanks again for coming to my party. :)

Lizaka said...

I agree. The paint job looks wonderful. I can't wait to see you guys!!

Grace Face said...

i like the colors you chose. glad you could have a fun Christmas

Jess said...

Nice work on the paint! Hope this year has lots of fun suprises for you!

Annette said...

It was fun to hear about your holiday. Glad you had fun. We can't wait to see you guys! It won't be long now.