turday! geesh!), we decided to smash it into good sized chunks and just throw it in our garbage can. Hence the smashing. It makes me think of those places where people pay to go in and vent their anger by smashing everything and ripping the place apart. And to think, we got to do the funnest part fr free! (minus the cost of the new toilet)I don't think we appreciate very often that our toilets are most often made of ceramic, the same material that those delicate figurines that always break are made of. Well, apart from being a lot thicker, it broke just like you might imagine those figures breaking if you took a tiny hammer to them. Yep. It was fun. I pity those who don't ever have the opportunity to intentionally destroy something permanent that we all use on a daily basis.
On a different note, we also went today to the nearby fire station for some suthun BBQ pork. Twice a year they host a BBQ dinner and we decided to go for the southern food experience. They had pulled pork BBQ, Beaufort stew, coleslaw and some little fried bread things that looked like little fingers. It's probably some southern food that no one else eats. All in all, I was not very impressed. I didn't like the BBQ! I only made it half way through the meat and I can honestly say I didn't enjoy it for a minute. The stew was pretty good and the coleslaw was typical. I still can't decide what to think of those little fried things. Probably because I don't know what to call them. Anyway, they tasted like onion rings but less good. I guess I will never turn into a good old southern girl after living here.

4 comments:
Sounds like great fun. Wish we could have been there to take a swing or two.
That actually sounds pretty fun. I wish I had something that I could destroy right now, other than my grades and academic record. Yeah, it's good times these days. But not for too long. Do you think I should start my own blog? Alyna says yes.
Well, Jess, chances are your life at the moment is more interesting than mine and I have a blog, so the jury says... "MakeTheBlogIntoATShirt" or in other words, yes. :)
It's been a while since I read this post, but I wanted to come back and let you know that I guffawed aloud at this post, and that I am very, very jealous. Next time you get to smash a toilet, call me up so I can at least watch!
Post a Comment