Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I can do hard things

I thought today was going to be a bad day (not a very good start if that's what I'm thinking). I had left many work problems unresolved and I had no idea what to do to fix them. Yesterday I worked on a number of these problems and got a few resolved but found even more. So today I started out in despair that this project would ever work and get finished. But then today at about noon, I started knocking the problems out of the park! Boom, boom, boom! By about 5:00 they were all but gone! I am just so grateful that I know that I can do hard things.

That topic reminds me of a conference talk we just heard. I don't remember who it was but they made a comment on a similar theme: "I can do hard things," and then pointed out that what we really should be saying is "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" (Phillipians 4:13). I'm grateful that we have general conference twice a year and that it brings these sorts of messages to our remembrance.

3 comments:

Grace Face said...

Yay! i'm so proud of you! way to knock those problems down. did you know that scripture off the top of your head or did you have to look it up? either way, i'm impressed. and with your memory of conference talks! you are amazing!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that you had the amazing persistence and brain power to tackle those problems. Way to go. If it were me, i'd be on facebook all day. That was one of my (many) favorite conference talks!

Anonymous said...

You are amazing. It's nice to know that when we persevere long enough we can usually accomplish things that seem incredible. I love reading your little experiences like this and all the other things you've added lately. You are wonderful!!