Saturday, December 10, 2011

O Christmas Tree!

Our Christmas decorations are pretty simple this year. We have three very diverse trees and our stockings hanging from the mantle and that's it. Actually, the stockings are still on the ground waiting to be hung from the mantle...

Last spring, I found a nice Christmas tree at a garage sale around the corner from us for $10. Score! We had thought about getting an artificial tree for the last few years, but they are a pretty expensive storage hog.

We didn't avoid the storage hog problem, but at least we didn't pay much for it!

I decided to make some ornaments for our tree this year. I crocheted some snowflakes and those two red hearts and I made the three white yarn balls. I intended to make more yarn balls but you go through the adhesive for them much quicker than expected.


My favorite part of putting up the Christmas tree is watching Jeran put the lights on each year. :) Actually, I really enjoy hanging the ornaments, but I am grateful every year when Jeran puts the lights on the tree.


This is a Christmas tree that I made in Achievement Days when I was 10 or something. It's made of glass baby food jars hot-glued together and then drill 2-3 holes in each lid (enough total for your strand of lights). Put a sprig of tinsel in each and stick a bulb from your Christmas lights into each hole. I have to reglue some of it each year when I take it out of the box, but I like hot glue so I'm never too sad. It's very cheery!

And Jeran's awesome fiber optic Christmas tree. It changes colors and rotates. Sweet!

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

Your tree is great, but what I really like is the glass jar tree! So cool.

Annette said...

I love the ornaments you made. Good job. It made me smile to see that you still have your glass jar Christmas tree. It is fun to be able to share a little Christmas even though we are so far apart.