September 9, 2011 has just passed. It has been one year. And how fast that year has gone!
On September 9, 2010 I received a radioactive iodine treatment that killed any remnants of thyroid tissue that were left in me after my complete thyroidectomy. This was the last step in treating the thyroid cancer that was discovered a few months previously. Now, one year later, I have officially been deemed cancer free! Hooray!
I don't really have any other comments on this besides that I feel great, my thyroid hormone replacement medication is adjusted nicely, and I'm excited to have a "normal" year! Thank you doctors, family and friends! Go me!
What We Eat
10 years ago

8 comments:
HOORAY!!!! I love you.
Yea!
So, so happy to hear this news! Miss you.
After the roller coaster ride of the past year, I hope you have a wonderfully boring year. (at least health wise)
Heck yes! go you!
Wonderful news, Mindy : ) You were in our prayers all along.
Oh my goodness Mindy, I had no idea you went through that! I am sorry. I am so glad that treatment went well and that it worked! You totally deserve a great year and many years after that!
I just saw this and am so, so glad to hear it. Hope you guys are doing well!
Post a Comment