Last Sunday, in about a 15-minute time span during our lesson in Young Women's, I heard the words prognosticate, profligate, and pejorative used in everyday sentences as though they are words that everybody knows and uses. I believe the teacher who talks like this is a book editor or some such profession and really is familiar with these words. I don't know what it is but I just am really amused and enjoy it when in just a few minutes, I can copy down multiple words of which I am unsure of the definition. It's probably a little odd, but I think this sesquipedalophilia runs in the family a bit.
4 comments:
Haha! I think it's all thanks to the spelling bees we had for family home evening when we were kids. Alyna and Jessica both wanted GRE vocabulary flash cards for Christmas. We are such nerds.
That's pretty awesome.
Wow, can I come to your YW. I would love to hear someone use those words on a regular basis, of course, I will have to look up all those words also.
I like when you post things like "Would you rather be anosmic or ageusic?" on my wall
Post a Comment