Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Kitchen Progress



We have made quite a lot of progress on the kitchen. The wallpaper is basically all gone and we have removed the baseboards and the soffits above the cupboards.

We started the next phase of the project - wall prep. We have done a lot of mudding so far but still have a little more to do. After that we need to sand and then touch up the rough spots again and sand again.

We still haven't decided a paint color. We are torn between tans, creams, yellows, and light greens. Any opinions?

5 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

Lookin' good! I can't wait to see the final result. I'm partial to yellow myself. I didn't like our yellow kitchen at first, but I like it now. It's a happy color. And since the room is on the north side of the house, it makes it seem brighter.

Tiff said...

I want to do my kitchen with bright red walls and white cabinets. But I just love red. Any of the things you mentioned should look good!

The Gladdens said...

Looks better already! : ) My vote is for tans or greens. i can't remember what color you said the tiles were though..

Jess said...

I did a red wall in my kitchen and LOVE it! Stick with green or yellow, tans and creams are too neutral. Have some fun with it! .. just reading The Gladdens comment... what does your tile look like? I guess I have to see that before I can make a good judgment call.

Mindy said...

The tiles are sort of cream with brown stuff on them. That is an awful description. I'll include a picture of them soon.