Monday, February 1, 2010

All Aboard the "Adidas Express"

Jeran likes walking. Sometimes, he would rather spend a long time walking somewhere than bother to call any of the large number of people who would be willing to pick him up if he is stranded at school or some such thing.

In response to questions like, "How did you get here?", he has often been known to say things like, "I took the Adidas Express." Anyone who doesn't understand at this point will have their eyes directed to his shoes, which are almost always the Adidas SS2Gs. (At this point I usually throw in an eye roll or an exasperated, "Why didn't you call me?!")



Any time the current pair are looking pretty beat up, it is time to get a new pair and shift all the other shoes down a rank:
Nice shoes,
not-terrible-but-not-great-looking sport or work shoes,
dirty work shoes,
I-don't-really-care-if-these-shoes-get-ruined activity shoes.

In a way, it is really nice. If we find a good sale on them, we can buy multiple pairs at once. And he usually doesn't have to spend much time deciding what he wants when we go shoe shopping.

When this picture was taken, he had long ago thrown out some of his older pairs. I have to say, I had a pair of women's adidas shoes that were a similar style and they were my favorite ever and if I could ever find them again, I would buy them.

Long live the Adidas Express!

1 comment:

Lovely Lisa said...

Jeran, you crack me up. :)

So what happens if they stop making that shoe? A shoepocalypse?