Last week I went to Girl's Camp with the Young Women in our ward since I am a YW advisor. The camp is located about an hour north. The youth leaders and I left Monday and drove through really really downpouring rain, which was an ominous beginning. We set up our tents in a slight drizzle but that evening was really nice. Early the next morning at about 4:00 am I was lying awake in my tent, having been awakened by rain or thunder or a rock under me or something, and I hear someone yell, "Sister Stratford!!!" I clamber out of my tent and find that the girl's tent has halfway fallen in on them. Two of the stakes had slipped out of the ground so I fixed it. I finally managed to go back to sleep at about 6 am, just in time to wake every one up in the downpour at 7 am to go to their meeting.
Anyways, it rainned every night except for the last one but each afternoon it was fairly dry so it wasn't completely miserable. I did get to come home Wenesday afternoon and go back up Thursday evening, which was soooo nice. I got to take a warm shower, sleep in a soft bed without worrying about rain, flooding tents, or walking people to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
It was all in all a good time and it was fun to get to know the girls better. Hooray, Girl's Camp!
4 comments:
I'm gearing up for camp in a few weeks - I really hope we don't get a lot of rain... or bears... or ticks...
Wow. aren't you glad you don't live in the desert anymore?
Camping in NC is so different from Utah. Congrats on surviving! :)
This post made me think of two things. Our first girls camp at Camp Bartlet... and it made me rething of ever wanting to be called to yw. Glad you survived!
Post a Comment