Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Double trouble



Jeran's brother Rylen was here visiting us for the last week. He came out just for a fun visit and to go to a Relient K concert with Jeran.

I came home from Girl's Camp on Wednesday and Rylen flew in late that night. On Thursday, Jeran went to work and Rylen mostly slept and played on the computer. That evening I headed back up to Girl's Camp to help them back up and bring stuff back on Friday morning.

On Friday, I got back from Girl's Camp with all the gear and whatnot and Jeran headed in to work. Rylen and I went around taking the camp equipment back to it's various owners (Thanks for carrying all that stuff, Rylen!) and went to the grocery store. That night we all went to our friend's, the Gladden's, house for pizza, Rock Band, and a movie. It was good fun. Rylen is really good at the guitar so we did better at Rock Band than we usually do. When we got home after that, we ended up playing Warcraft III until about 1 AM. Blagh... Rylen did finally beat Jeran with my pitiful help, or maybe just my lucky charm-ness, since all I did was stay alive.

Saturday we got ready and headed out to the beach. We went to Topsail Island which is just over a 2 hour drive. It was a perfect day, not too hot, but not so cool that the water isn't inviting. We had a good time playing in the waves and finding very small beach wildlife. I wish I had some pictures. Jeran found a tiny hermit crab in his shorts and we also caught some tiny horseshoe crab-looking creatures that were burrowed in the wet send near the water. I wish I had some pictures because it was a nice day. That night we went and played Carcassonne and Liar's Dice at some friends house.

Sunday we went to church and relaxed. I think Rylen got tired of everyone saying things like, "Wow! You look just like Jeran!" or "You two look exactly the same," or "Ooooh. A younger, smaller Jeran!" But it was true, especially since Rylen wore some of Jeran's clothes to church.

Monday we mostly just hung out and played games and talked while Jeran was at work. That night we went to a Durham Bulls baseball game. This reminded me that baseball is very boring and slow and that baseball games are only fun because of the people you go with and a little bit of the environment. We went with two other couples and had a good time talking, eating cotton candy and (for some people) hot dogs, and watching the fireworks afterwards. The Bulls won also, which is always good.

On Tuesday, Jeran came home early so that they could fit in some more Warcraft games. That night they went to the Relient K concert, which was apparently awesome. Besides that they got separated from each other right from the beginning and didn't find each other again until it was over, they had a great time. Here's a video Jeran took of Who I Am Hates Who I've Been if you want to sample their music:


Hooray! Thanks for coming to visit us Rylen! It was a lot of fun!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What do you think of Carcassonne and Liar's Dice? I've heard good things about both of them.

Grace Face said...

to be fair, he does look a lot like jeran. also, i like your comments about baseball. i agree

Mindy said...

They are both pretty fun. If I didn't like losing, I wouldn't like Liar's Dice personally but it is fun to play sometimes.

Lovely Lisa said...

Dah! Every time we go to a Bulls game, they lose. Maybe we'll get lucky one of these times. I agree about baseball... it's "interesting but boring."

We never said out loud that Jeran looks like his brother and vice versa. But we thought it, not gonna lie. :)

As for Relient K, I will have to look them up. It's hard to form opinions on a band based on a concert video. Sounds like y'all had a great time! I love visits from family.