Friday, September 26, 2008

The missing water mystery

So for a while I have been trying to figure out why I have to keep refilling our two cat's water dish. It is a big one, the water cooler style so they always have water (or at least that is the idea). It is very convenient when we go away for a few days because we know they will have water for that long (before we got this I used to leave the toilet lid up, just in case). Anyhow, recently I have noticed the dish is completely empty very frequently. I finally found the cause. It was kind of funny. Hence the video:



The floor was obviously too wet for Diego's liking. And there was nothing in that dish BUT water. Yep. Toby is a crazy cat. I decided if he liked water so much I would put a little in the bathtub and give him a bath, which we have never done (cat's are so nice like that). That didn't go over so well, and while I didn't force the issue enough to get scratched, it didn't seem to have much effect on the water fascination. They have a regular water dish until the ground around it stays dry for at least a week.

This post makes me laugh, btw, because everyone else's blogs are full of pictures of their kids or whatever and this is about the same idea, just we just have cats... shrug. Also, please don't ask why I didn't notice that there were probably a few liters of water on the ground when the jug was empty. The answer is I don't know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was laughing when i watched your video. What a silly cat! and what a silly Mindy! Your kitties have grown up since I saw them last!

Grace Face said...

that's so funny! i love it! you know how people get tons of pictures of their oldest kids but none of their younger ones? i ber by the time you have kids you will hardly take any pictures :)

Lovely Lisa said...

I am laughing my face off. Oh, that is so funny! What a stinker.

I didn't know you had a blog until you mentioned the video. I've been sitting here reading it when I should be sound asleep. :) I will have to send you an invitation to ours.